Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
With the impending freezing temperatures, SERVPRO of Columbia, Montour & Sullivan Counties are prepared to help our local residents and businesses with their water damaged properties. If the freezing temperatures cause a pipe to burst, our highly trained technicians are ready 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to respond immediately to flood or water damage at your property.We have the experience, expertise, and training to restore your home or business quickly and properly. Upon arrival, our crew will walk through your home or business to determine how extensive the loss is amd discuss the course of action!
Call our office at (570)759-0966!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (570) 759-0966
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.